Yip you read that correctly, my entire title is in inverted commas because truth is there is no flour, sugar, butter in this cake. When I tell you it's whipped up in a blender and bakes in 20 minutes you wouldn't believe that either, but it is exactly just that! The dream cake for my clean eating fitfam.
You have been really trying to be good about what you eat. Goodbye bad carbs you say proudly to your mates. But, you have to entertain and don't want to impose your life choices on them so do you head to the bakery and just call it a cheat day?
Your friend who has been seriously doing so well on her fitness journey tells you "boy am. I seriously craving a slice of chocolate mousse cake." Do you say hey girl just have the cake and forget about all this dieting healthy eating shenanigans ?
The answer is no and no you whip this baby up and enjoy a slice of healthy heaven!
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbs vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2tbsp low fat Greek yogurt
- 1 packet Simply delish zero instant pudding
- 275ml 1% low fat milk ( or any milk type product you prefer
- However if you looking for an even healthier "chocolate mousse" get my favorite recipe here.
- Preheat oven to 120
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend till smooth consistency.
- Spray a baking tin with non stick spray.
- Pour batter into a square 30 x 20 cm tin place in the oven for
- 15 to 20 minutes.
- Set aside to cool once done.
Chocolate mousse frosting:
- Whisk the instant pudding with milk and set in fridge for a few minutes to save time do this before baking the cake or while the cake is in the oven.
- Cut cake in half
- Trim the edges to neaten the cake.
- Frost it with the chocolate mousse and garnish with some seasonal fruits.
Hope you will give this recipe a go and tell me your opinions what you'd tweak etc.
Sending you love&light