10 Crazy household and beauty tricks I have learned in my life!


I probably love tips and tricks like any good old housewife... even though I am not one. With the years the tricks have become more cray cray and I still cant help but love it. This post will be divided into 2 sections... cleaning & beauty.

Cleaning:


  • Vinegar: add a cup of white vinegar to your towels... it softens it up, removes the musty smell and just brightens it up entirely.
  • Coke: ran out of bleach? but have a can of coke around... pour that baby into your toilet and see the stains remove.
  • Vinegar + baking soda: remove pot stains by mixing this duo into a paste and scrub your pots, they will look brand new.
  • Grill cheese : Flip your toaster on the side to create toasted grill cheese sandwiches.
  • Wooden spoon: placing a wooden spoon over a boiling pot helps it not boil over.

Beauty:

  • Lemon: this little beauty can remove stains when used daily, got sunspots, blemish marks... use lemon on a cotton pad day and night and see the difference to your skin tone.
  • Baking soda: Is a "microdermabrasion" in your kitchen cabinet. Mix a teaspoon of it with your favorite mask and watch your blackheads vanish.
  • Banana peels: after you done making your banana filled smoothies and pancakes why not whiten your teeth using the peel... rub it on your teeth and leave it for 5 minutes. 
  • Apple cider vinegar: Is your hair feeling weighed down from all the products you use? add a cup of ACV into your final rinse to clarify and cleanse your hair.
  • Vodka: Got problem skin? use vodka as your toner daily till the problems appear less. It really is amazing.


What is your crazy household tip or trick?



~Image credit: The fancy pants report~

14 comments

  1. ooo I love all those beauty tricks! I love using home "remedies" and natural products as opposed to store bought things. The majority of the time I've found they work even better! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vodka as my toner!? Going to have to try this. Having SUCH awful breakouts on my chin - bleh.
    What really cool and quirky tips lovely Meghan xxx

    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. VINEGAR is like the best product for anything and everything seriously, I wish I hadn't made myself so sick of vodka I can't even smell it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome tips Meg! I have also used milk to remove make up when I'm out of make up remover...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greta tips - I had no idea about the banana peel! Totally giving it a go:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ive never heard of any of the cleaning tips, ill have to give them a try

    Eilidh from Velvet-Winter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Placing a wooden spoon over a boiling pot helps it not boil over, really? I need to try this

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this… amazing tips! thanks for sharing; is always a pleasure to come visit you <3
    kisses from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Or drink enough of the vodka that you don't care what your skin looks like!!! ;) I am definitely trying the vinegar tip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tips, babe! I use distilled white vinegar around the house ALL THE TIME. So handy!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all these tips sweetie and love using vinegar to clean windows and mirrors too! Works a treat along with newspaper….

    Will definitely be trying these tricks though - they all sound really great! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the tips you have given hun! I love the coke and toilet one :')... soo handy
    Sensitive Epidermis | Rainbow
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

  13. This tips is very helpful for us. thank for your good tips. i am very interested to use it.I regularly visit your website To learn something new
    beauty tips

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment reading them makes me so happy. So please do share your thoughts !


beijo/xo

Meg

Back to Top Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+