I have said this many times before, to girlfriends, friends, family and right here... eating healthy is ridiculously expensive. Yes tons of amazing new alternatives come out but either its hard to find or you spending a arm and a leg to try it out. So I decided months ago to just go on a quest to start making my own. Which is why I am thrilled to share my almond milk recipe with you guys today. I hope you guys enjoy this post.
What you need:
- 1 cup blanched almonds
- 4 cups still water
- 2 tsp honey or agave or maple syrup.
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- cheese cloth
- jar to store the milk in.
- Soak almonds in 1 cup of water overnight.
- After the almond overnight soak rinse almonds and place in your blender, a hand blender does the trick as well.
- Add 1 cup of water to the almonds and begin blending until it is a creamy/ baby food like consistency.
- Once blended add the last 2 cups of water and blend for an additional 1 minute.
- Place a cheese cloth over a jug or bowl, if your don't have a cheese cloth don't fret. A fine sieve or a new clean handkerchief will do the job.
- Pour the almond water mixture over the cheese cloth and squeeze baby!
- The final step is seasoning or shall I say adding flavor. Add the honey, salt,vanilla essence and pour it into you milk jar and.... YOU DONE!
Pretty easy right?! Let me know which healthy treats you are enjoying but wish you can make your own.
Hope you have an awesome weekend!!!