Since summer is starting very soon (mid October) in South Africa I have started a mental list of things I wish to do. I personally always feel a tad bit depressed in winter I could even go as far as to say lazy. I just never feel motivated to do much in the cold months, my workouts suffer, my baking slacks and lets not mention the effect the weather has on how much wine I drink when its cold and gloomy.
So whats been keeping me motivated to smile a whole lot more is a list I started making of various things I want to do this summer because really who doesn't look forward to planning fun times ahead.
- I would love to change my hair a bit. Not yet sure what that entails.
- Spend 2 weeks this summer somewhere coastal.
- Indulge in fruit, smoothies, fruit cocktails, fruit desserts.
- Go out hiking with my dad at least once a month.
- Find a new farmers market.
- Workout 1 1/2 hours a day.
- Meditate for 20 minutes daily.
- Wake up earlier and eat breakfast outside three times a week.
- Go to 1 outdoor concert.
- Make more treats and eats from my food bucket list.
- Go sailing once this summer.
- Take a picture once a day. To capture everyday of this summer.
- Paint an abstract painting that I am proud of.
- Re-varnish my bedside table.
- Wear orange lipstick.
- Read a new book.
There is so much more I'm sure but this is what comes to mind at this very second. What is on your summer list? and for my friends heading into Fall, what is on your Fall list? Id love to know.
~Image credit: World tour stories~