I have recently started making these whey protein American style pancakes for breakfast yes people grab the note book , guilt free pancakes for everyone , now usually I would style up the pancakes with some yummy treats but these are actually going into the freezer so I can warm them up every morning with no stress , this recipe is super easy to make and makes 6 medium pancakes , so double it up if you and a friend or you and the hubby / wifey want to eat healthier . Top it with some stevia powdered sugar or honey , some fruit think berries strawberries the options are endless and they are good for you!
What you will need :
- 3 scoops whey protein , I use Attwells whey lean protein original , you can find it at pick n pay :)
- 2 eggs (if you want it to be even healthier just use 3 egg whites)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 mashed banana
- 2 tbs low fat milk / almond milk / coconut milk whatever works best for you NO FULL CREAM though !
- 2 tbs water
- cooking spray like olive oil cooking spray.
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut slices (optional)
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- Mix the whey protein ,baking powder, cinnamon and coconut together
- add the eggs , milk or milk substitute , vanilla essence and water
- mix it well then add the mashed up banana
- spray a non stick pan and place a tbs size amount of batter , swirl around once it start bubbling , flip it over until its ready .
- if you like me and want to have it stored for later use just put it in an airtight container or zip lock bag and place it in the freezer and warm it up when you ready to use it .
- milk , coconut and banana is totally optional
- there is a slight banana flavor to this recipe , I love it but if you don't leave out the banana.
- you can add berries to the batter pre cooking it .
Be sure to tell me what recipes you would like me to try an find a healthier alternative for and I will do my best to whip up something for you :) always be sure to be the healthiest you can be , because life is way to short to be unhealthy , sickly and not the best version of you.