Kale has really become the leafy vegetable of the year, well at least in my opinion. So when I heard all the rave about kale chips I just knew I had to get my hands on it, but as you may have heard me say many times getting healthier options seem to be either crazy expensive or just impossible to find. So I did what any person would do in a desperate case of f.o.m.o. and just made it myself.
- Kale kale kale! roughly cut up into bite size pieces.
- salt & pepper.
- olive oil.
- seasoning of choice.
- oven proof dish the bigger the better.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- drizzle the kale in olive oil
- season with salt,pepper and any other seasoning you enjoy.
- try and keep it in one single layer ( hence the big oven proof dish)
- pop it in the oven wait around 10 minutes.
- remove it move it around a bit and place it back in the oven till crispy. NOT BURNED!
- immediately after taking it out the oven drizzle with lemon juice.
|~Instagram pic of me indulging in these delicious kale chips... follow me over on instagram @MeghanSSilva ~|
I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed it. It was just enough to meet my crisp cravings, have you tried kale chips as yet? if yes what is your flavour of choice? Let me know in the comments below.