Its been a pretty minute since I have posted. With internet issues being the main culprit truth be told I was getting a bit bored with what I was posting. Yip I said it! So I thought nope pause a bit and post something real good. Which is where these guilt free cupcakes come in. It really feeds the desire to have something dessert like but without the next day calorie guilt trip. I had one person saying (while enjoying their first bite) this is sooooo rich. I waited a few minutes before saying this is actually protein and flax seed cupcakes. The look on their faces was priceless!
- 1Tbs Flax seed
- 1cup chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 cup agave or stevia
- 1 egg
- 1Tbs olive oil/ coconut oil
- six cute as a button cupcake holders.
- 1Tbs cocao powder
- dark chocolate for the center(optional)
- 1tsp baking powder
- non stick spray.
- 1Tbs milk
- 1Tbs water
- Pre-heat oven to 180
- Mix together all the dry ingredients
- add the wet ingredients
- spray the inside of the cupcake holders with some non stick spray.
- pour batter in cupcake holders.
- place dark chocolate in the center(optional)
- Pop it in the oven and let it bake for 17-20 minutes.
- whisk some low fat greek yogurt with powdered stevia( use it as whipped cream)
- make a ganache by melting some dark chocolate and combining it with mixed powdered stevia and warm water.
- or drizzle some honey over the top for some extra sweetness.
Calories: This is an approximate of 117 calories per cupcake as calculated with myFitnesspal which can come down even further if you leave out the dark chocolate hello ... 91 calories!
As with all things, everything in moderation.