I recently got asked to do a Jewelry workshop for the @20 Youth Center and this is one of the pieces I decided to make. These would make an awesome gift in my humble opinion. If you interested in learning how to make this continue reading...
- Jewelry pliers
- 8 small beads
- 2 medium round bronze beads
- 2 crystal like beads
- 10 long links
- 4 circle links
- 2 Earring hooks
- 4 links with one round end.
Start by making all the individual pieces as seen below:
- For the larger bronze bead use the long links and make a curved link using your pliers. Then add one of the circle links to the the curved link you have just made.
- For the crystal like bead use the link with the round end, not a flat end like the ones used for the bronze beads. Then curve the top using the pliers to keep it in place.
- The same step for the larger bead applies to the 3 small beads the only difference is each small bead gets attached to the circular link of the larger bronze bead.
- Final piece to be made is 2 small beads using the same method used in making the crystal bead link, use the round end links add the bead and create a curved top to keep it in place.
- Now is the time to attach all the lose pieces together.
- Attach the earring hook by slightly opening the curve you have created in the small bead section.
- Open the crystal bead link you have created and attach that to the end of the small bead link.
- Add the additional round link to connect the crystal bead to the lower section as seen above.
And there you have it pretty bronze earrings that wont cost an arm and a leg. You can find all the above material in bead or jewelry making shops.
Hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know if you would like to see more DIY posts like this.