Sometimes one just doesn't have time or the craving for really heavy meals. When this day came for me I knew I had to make something filling for Bart yet quick and really simple for me. I would call this a complete win win, don't you think? So I grabbed me some peppers, pulled out a can of tuna and went for it.
- Peppers (this would depend on how many people you cooking for, two was more than enough for us)
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- a drizzle of olive oil
- mayonnaise or if you craving a healthy alternative add low fat greek yogurt
- 1 onion
- lemon juice/ 1 lemon
- Preheat your oven to about 300
- Snip off the top of the peppers and remove the seeds and inside section( the white stuff)
- drizzle with some olive oil, place in a oven proof dish and pop that baby in for 20 minutes or until you see it softening up a bit.
- While you waiting start on the filling this you can do in advance and just place it in the fridge till you get home from work *wink wink*
- Saute the onions
- Then place the onions, tuna, mayo, chopped tomatoes into a bowl and give it a good mix, squeeze over some lemon juice and add salt and pepper.
- Once the peppers are soft add the filling to the peppers (use caution when touching the peppers they will be HOT) place them back in the oven for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove and serve either by itself or with some dinner rolls or pasta or rice