I am obsessed with trying out new beauty related DIY's especially if I know I have the ingredients in the kitchen. I think its awesome when one can know exactly what you using on something as precious as your skin and very often they give you the benefits of some of the best beauty store bought products. I have mentioned before I love using my homemade Lemon scrub weekly but recently I started making my own Vitamin C Serum and lo and behold my breakouts seem to have totally improved and the marks along with it seems to be fading away pretty fast. I have to say I give full credit to this recipe to the blog delighted momma but I will add some side notes to the recipe.
What you need:
- 2 tsp Vegetable glycerin
- 5 absorbic acid tablets/ 1 tsp vit c powder
- 1 tsp water
- dark bottle
- crush up the absorbic acid tablets
- mix with water till a smooth consistency
- add the 2 tsp of glycerin
- pour into the dark container
- at first the texture might be a bit grainy, I don't mind it as it seems to feel like an exfoliator and then it melts away and my skin feels amazing but after a few days the grainy texture will vanish.
~Image credit: World tour stories~