This happens to be a topic that I feel is the most important part of having a good blog foundation , I always look at my blog as a business here's what I mean . If I am starting a business these are the very first questions I will ask myself, what is my product , how much capital will I need , will I do it by myself or get more help, how can I market and I want you to ask the exact same questions when looking at your blog (that's if you are trying to grow your blog).
Finding your niche is exactly like asking what is your product ,are you a lifestyle blogger is fashion more your forte would you like to keep it one topic related these are important questions to ask when trying to find your niche when you finally can pin point what your niche is blogging becomes so much easier.
- Identify what blogs you gravitate towards, that will show you where your interest lies.
- Find out what your strengths are ,what are you good at are you miss DIY miss baker or do you get a major rush from dressing up? that is where your uniqueness will shine the brightest ,keep in mind there are tons of other blogs that will be in your niche too (how many fashion or beauty bloggers do you know )if you just trying to follow the trendy topics how will people stay on your blog what will make your blog unique?
- Remain true to your very first thought of what you wanted your blog to be , don't get caught up in what others are doing , do what you love and you will love working on your blog.
- Lifestyle Blog (shameless plug here) my blog is a lifestyle blog , its got a little beauty , cooking ,DIY , journal posts and now this blogging series .
- Beauty blog : filled with all things beauty related so hair nails makeup
- Fashion Blog: All things fashion related .
If you would like me elaborate on other niches , don't hesitate to let me know.
Hope you enjoyed the first Blogging 101 post as you can see I am trying to start from the very beginning I believe a good foundation is crucial , I will go into many other various topics like basic HTML , editing pics , what free apps you should/could download and so forth, most importantly ladies and gents let me just say do not forget to have fun , when you have fun writing posts we have fun reading them . Please don't forget to email me if you have any questions or topics you'd like me to cover , I'd love to hear from you!