Lemons are really a favorite of mine, I have the weirdest habit of eating it like I would any other fruit. But along the years I have found (thanks to my blog reading obsession) many ways to use this awesome little fruit. From hair lightening, skin pigment lightening to health wise. When life throws you lemons use every single drop haha.
- lighten your hair: Spritz some on whichever parts of your hair you want lightened and a extra trick is if it goes reddish in tone mix a few drops of green food colouring with your favorite shampoo and conditioner to take away those daunting red tones.
- Lemon is my go to thing when I am trying to cut down on salt intake, I love drizzling some over my morning eggs on toast. It tastes so good.
- Lemon as a dressing: Lemon combined with olive oil and some seasoning is perfect for when you watching your waistline.
- Lighten skin pigments: I have freckles and for many years I hated them. I wasn't always on the sunscreen wagon so they just got darker, however since using lemon mixed with rose water on my face they have really lightened. Be sure to rinse it off!
- Metabolism booster: Having boiling water with lemon first thing in the morning really just wakes your body up.
- Whiten teeth: Make a paste using baking soda and lemon and scrub-a-dub-dub leave on for a minute and rinse off.
- Stain Removal: Have a stain? pour some lemon over the stain let it sit for a few hours and wash as normal.
- Clean Brass or Silver: make a paste of lemon and sugar and scrub away.
- Lemon over Kale crisp: it really is amazing. Just try it.
- Whiten and brighten your nails: Just soak your hands in warm water mixed with lemon the more the better!
- Getting your grater clean: Rub some lemon on it and booyaaah you good to go.
What is your go to method for using lemons? besides for the tequila ;)
P.s. To all my lovely South Africans I hope you voted and used your voice !!
~Image credit: Cupcakes and Cashmere~